First it was Randgold and Barrick. Then Newmont and Goldcorp; and it was nearly Barrick and Newmont. But has M&A delivered value? In which areas can we expect more M&A over the next year? And how can you capitalise on the opportunities?
- Has recent M&A been good for the companies involved?
- More importantly have the recent M&A’s been good for shareholders?
- Has the consolidation brought in a new raft of generalist investors due to large market caps?
- Are M&A’s best? Or should we look to JV's?
- How will these new mega-miners change the dynamic of the mining industry?
- Where next for M&A?