Stock Exchange Listing: JSE:HAR | NYSE:HMY
ZAR at 30 Sep 2016 R21,218 M
US $ at 30 Sep 2016 $1,543 M
Stage of Production: Producer
Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited (Harmony), a world-class gold mining and exploration company, has operations and assets in South Africa and Papua New Guinea (PNG). Harmony, which has more than 60 years’ experience in the industry, is the third largest gold producer in South Africa. Our assets include one open pit mine and several exploration tenements in PNG, as well as 9 underground mines and 1 open pit operation and several surface sources in South Africa. In addition, we own 50% of the significant Golpu project in a joint venture in PNG.
The company’s primary stock exchange listing is on the JSE with a secondary listing on the New York Stock Exchange. The bulk of our shareholders are in South Africa and the United States. Additional information on the company is available on the corporate website.
Plans & Latest Developments:
- To produce 1,5MOz annually at less than $950/Oz within 3 years
- Expansion in South Africa, PNG and into Africa
- PNG grassroots exploration as well as the producing mine Hidden Valley
- On 25 October 2016, Harmony announced the completion of the transaction to acquire full ownership of Hidden Valley from Newcrest
Board of Directors / Management / Major Shareholders:
- Chairman: P Motsepe
- CEO: P Steenkamp
- Financial Director: F Abbott
Why should investors invest in you?
- We are the 3rd largest Gold Producer in South Africa and 12th in the world
- We have strong growth possibilities and new/emerging business with our current operations
- Our company recently declared a dividend to its shareholders
- We have a strong cash flow and low debt;equity ratio
In partnership with IntelligenceMine, you can access subscriber only data on exhibiting mining companies at Mines and Money Asia. These detailed reports include a review on the company’s projects, share price over the past 12 months, P&L, capital raising, mergers and acquisitions and company directors.