Considered to be Asia’s most prestigious mining investment awards and a highlight in the Asian mining calendar, the annual Mines and Money Outstanding Achievement Awards are where ‘the best of the best’ in the Asia Pacific region receive the recognition they deserve.
The 10th annual Awards ceremony will recognise mining and resources leaders in the following categories:
- Best Asia-Pacific Exploration Mining Company of the Year
Awarded to a noteworthy exploration in the past year in either greenfield or brownfield discoveries.
- Best Asia-Pacific Small and Mid-Cap Mining Deal of the Year
A notable takeover, listing, merger or acquisition.
- Asia-Pacific Mining Executive of the Year
Recognising outstanding achievement by a mining company CEO or MD, who oversaw a major financial or operational improvement.
Nominations for the 2017 awards closed on the 10th of February with the winners announced on Wednesday 5 April 2017 at the Mines and Money Outstanding Achievement Awards Reception 17:30-18:30.
Best Asia-Pacific Exploration Mining Company of the Year
- Blackham Resources
- Dacian Gold
- Erdene Resource Development
- Silangan Mindanao Mining
- Xanadu Mines
Best Asia-Pacific Mining Deal of the Year
- Listing of EganStreet Resources (ASX:EGA) onto ASX
- Goldroad Resources selling 50% stake to Goldfields
- HFW Singapore’s hostile takeover of Asia Resource Minerals
- Stanmore Coal’s acquisition of Isaac Plain coking coal mine
Asia-Pacific Mining Executive of the Year
- Andrew Stewart, CEO. Xanadu Mines
- Bob Vassie, CEO, St Barbara
- Bryan Dixon, CEO, Blackham Resources
- Gina Rinehart, CEO, Hancock Prospecting
- Jake Klein, CEO, Evolution Mining
- Jim Askew, CEO, Syrah Resources
- Rohan Williams, CEO, Dacian Gold
The awards are judged by key industry players, who also make up the Mines and Money Advisory Board.